Tuesday 28 December 2010

Audience Task 2 - Blumer's Idea

1. Blumers idea is that all different types of audience come from all different "Walks of Life" and all do not know each other. In some sense I think this is true, as Everyone likes different types of media, for different reasons, at the same time, people could like all different type of media, for one reason, for example, Some people can like photography, as it is seen as an art and contains just still pictures, a group of people may like this more than television, just for the reason all the pictures are still. Another example is Soaps, whilst alot of people like them, as they portray everyday life and problems, they could also only appeal to working class people, as that is the type of people the program shows.

2.I think when I am on my own, I tend to only use the forms of Media I want/need to use, and therefore only benefit from what I am interested in, whereas when I am with other people, I may use a form of Media I am not familiar with, but they might be.

3. Most of the time, if there is some Media I wish my friends to see, I just tell them about it, and they'll decided whether to watch/look at it or not, although sometimes, if it is on the internet, I send a link to them, and they'll use that to view it.

No comments:

Post a Comment