Thursday 27 January 2011

Continuity Task Evaluation

So, since I started slightly late to everybody else, I was pretty much thrown into this task on my first lesson, but having done media at GCSE, I don't thihnk it went too bad.

By filming something in the style of Film Noir, having heard nothing of the genre before hand, I was able to learn a whole load by doing something hands on, examing and using aspects of the lighting and style from the time period of Film Noir.

I was also reminded of the various shot types we used, including match on action shots, Over the shoulder shots and close ups. One of the purposes of the task was to make sure our short film contained no continuity errors, these are little things that subtley change throught a piece of footage without meaning to, such as when someone opens a door with their right hand, but the camera then cuts to to the left side. We made sure in our film to not do this.

Overall, having learnt a lot from it, I think it went quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment